ISO has developed a new standard, ISO 45001, Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements, that will help organizations reduce this burden by providing a framework to improve employee safety, reduce workplace risks and create better, safer working conditions, all over the world.
Most organisations pursue ISO 45001 certification to improve Health and Safety to qualify for a tender or to achieve preferred supplier status: e.g. for a Local Authority. However, there are many other benefits that can be gained, including:
• Reduced risk to employees, customers and suppliers
• Reduction in the costs associated with accidents at work
• Enhanced staff morale and motivation
• Reduced insurance premiums
• Demonstrating legal compliance